Challenge 5

Challenge 5 for the Student Blogging Challenge: Have a family member write a post for you to add to your blog.

By my mother:

I love cooking. Cooking main dishes for any meal; breakfast, lunch or dinner; I also love cooking with a wide range of varieties; it could be vegetables, beans, sea food, meat or poultry. Most of all, I love experimenting with cooking by combining ingredients into one big fancy dish, Chinese, French, Italian, Mexican, or International.

You see, cooking is like creating art; you can apply any number of creative imaginations as long as the ingredients and color come together; Fresh ingredients and adequate spices always make decent dishes. If you serve dishes warm while their consumers’ are still hungry, they are generally well received. So when the guideline for cooking calls for a pinch of salt, a dash of pepper, I can happily apply them based on my mood. Cooking is enjoyable and fun with many surprises and delicious outcomes.

BAKING on the other hand is very different. It is pure SCIENCE. The precise chemistry and temperature leaves almost no room for imagination. I say almost, because any creativity or variation of the recipe will need proper chemical reactions to back it up. You can’t add more water if it is too salty. I usually put away the recipe if the baking recipe calls for any dash of Cream of Tar or any pinch of Baking Soda (because I am afraid I might add a pinch too much), no matter how good the finished product looks in the picture.
Happy cooking and experimenting!
Elisa

One thought on “Challenge 5

1. I never thought about baking that way before, but you are so right…it IS a science, and that explains why I don’t enjoy it! Science was never my favorite subject in school :- )

Thank you for your guest post here! Your love of cooking shows in your writing, and your writing about it was a joy to read.